Our declaration of exactly what kind of data we collect from you, how we use it, so you are informed about the information that you share with us.
At The Finest Hideaways (“we”, “our”, “us”) we operate by the criteria set out below. By using our website, contacting us by telephone or providing information to us in person, by way of email or post, you agree to its terms.
What information do we collect?
We collect personal information about you whenever you use our services (whether these services are provided by us or by other companies or agents acting on our behalf), including when you request information from us, to book accommodation or flight arrangements with us, when you use our website or interact with us in person, via telephone or email.
In addition, we may receive personal information about you from third parties, such as companies involved in your travel plans, including wholesaler travel agency companies, private flight charter brokers/operators, airlines and hotels.
Depending on the circumstances, we may collect:
– Personal information for you and those persons travelling with you
- Your full name
- Postal address
- Email address
- Landline and mobile numbers
- Passport information (including passport number, title, full name, gender, date of birth, place of birth, nationality, date of issue, date of expiry)
- Financial details and payment method (including card type, cardholder name, card number, start date, expiry date, security code, billing address)
- Details relating to any allergies, disability or medical condition you may have
- Dietary requirements
– Details of your travel arrangements with us
- This includes direct booking with The Finest Hideaways, where you choose to travel to, where you decide to stay, your preferences, travel dates, number of passengers travelling with you and any other information related to your travel with us
- Your inquiry and purchase history of The Finest Hideaways
– Information you choose to submit to us
- Via the completion of forms, sending us details of your preferences, feedback or testimonials
– Details of the device you are using and how you use our website
What about data about other people which you provide to us?
How do we use your information?
We use your information for a number of different purposes, which includes to provide you with a service you request from us, to improve our services to you, to enhance your user experience, and to communicate with you.
– To complete and manage a booking you have made with us
- We are required to use your information to handle your inquiries and deliver the services that you request or purchase from us. This includes arranging your accommodation, ground arrangements and activities.
- Even if you have opted-out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still send you important service communications and provide customer support for The Finest Hideaways services you are using.
– To help market our products and services to you
- We will use your information to send you marketing communications and keep you informed of The Finest Hideaways’ products and services we think might be of interest or relevance to you. We may send communications via direct mail, email or telephone.
– To enhance and develop our services as a travel provider
- Information about the way you use our website, will be used by us to review, develop and optimize our website, products and services.
– For management and administrative purposes
- We may retain your information for administrative purposes such as accounting and billing, auditing and gathering statistics for trading reports. This does not include information which can be used to identify you.
– To comply with our own legal obligations
- For example health and safety legislation, or to assist in an investigation by law enforcement agencies.
– For your protection and safety
- In the event of illness or injury or some other related emergency, where there is no time to gain your consent, we may be required to share your personal details to medical personnel.
The legal bases in which we will rely on to process the above are as follows:
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract
- The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject
- The processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us
Who do we share your information with?
The information we collect when you use our website or services is confidential, however we may disclose your personal information to a third party in the following circumstances:
– Suppliers and vendors we work with that provide the services in connection to the provision of our services to you
- This can include for example, wholesaler travel agencies, private flight charter brokers/operators, airlines, hotels, ground handling agencies, and transport companies. Appropriate personal data will be shared with any relevant suppliers only where necessary for the purposes of booking your travel arrangements.
- This may include the transfer of information to the European Economic Area (EEA).
- Your information will be sent for operational purposes only and will not be used for marketing communications.
– Government and law enforcement agencies
- We may be required by law to disclose information to government and public authorities such as customs, immigration and security services, or regulatory authorities, courts and legal agencies.
– Third party service providers and partners in connection with our business
- On occasion, we share information with service providers who support our business. This can include creative and digital agencies that assist with our marketing campaigns.
- We may also disclose data to external professional advisers such as accountants, bankers or insurances.
– Parent company – Shoreline International LLC
- The Finest Hideaways is a subsidiary travel agency specialist company operating independently within Shoreline International LLC. Any personal information about you in which we collect shall not be tracked or otherwise used by Shoreline International LLC without your informed consent (except for internal reporting or accounting)
How long do we keep your information?
We will periodically review the information we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases anonymize it, when there is no longer a legal, business or customer need for it to be retained.
How do we protect your information?
We take great care to ensure the physical and digital security of our premises, equipment, devices and systems by implementing appropriate password protection and access restrictions. Access to your information is only granted to those that need to use it in the course of their work.
We shall take care to ensure that they have appropriate security measures in place and will take the steps necessary for compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
What are your rights?
In accordance with data protection legislation, as of 25 May 2018 you have the following rights:
- Right to be informed of the ways in which we use your information
- Right to access and receive a copy of your personal information being held, processed and to whom it may have been disclosed
- Right to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information
- Right to request that we move, copy or transfer your personal information to another service provider
- Right to restrict or limit the way we use your information
- Right to object to our use of your personal information in certain circumstances
- Right to delete and remove your personal information from our systems
How we use internet cookies?
– Definition of a cookie
A cookie is a small string of text that a web site can send to your web browser-often used to enhance your site browsing experience. Generally, cookies cannot retrieve personal data from your computer’s hard drive, nor can they pass on computer viruses, or record your email address.
– Your elected cookie options
At your option, you may set your web browser to allow or disallow cookies, or to inform you when a cookie is being placed, so you always have a choice as to whether or not you want to receive a cookie.
How can you manage your information and what are the opt-out options?
If you believe that any of your personal information we are holding is incorrect, incomplete or needs updating, please contact us by using the details under the “Contacting The Finest Hideaways” section below.
If you no longer wish to hear from us or would like to withdraw your consent in relation to profiling, you can opt out or unsubscribe by following the link contained in any marketing communications that you receive from us, or by sending us your name, full address and email to email@example.com
We will comply with your requests unless we have a lawful reason not to do so. Please note that you cannot opt out from receiving all communications from us, including administrative messages and service status announcements, which are necessary when related to any inquiries or purchases made with The Finest Hideaways.
The Finest Hideaways is a registered travel agency is a dba of Shoreline International LLC. For our registered address please refer to the “Contacting The Finest Hideaways” details below.
If another company has provided an element of your inquiry or booking separately from The Finest Hideaways, such as a travel agent, airline or hotel, they too will be a “data controller” and you can access the separate privacy policies of those providers from them directly.
Contacting The Finest Hideaways
FAO: Privacy Manager
The Finest Hideaways
PO Box 132
or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
By accepting this policy statement you consent to the use (including processing and storage), transfer and disclosure of your information and data referred to in this policy statement for the purposes set out above.
Last updated: September 2021